How does the Endomorph Diet work?
One’s body type doesn’t just help determine how easily one loses or gains weight, but it can also pretty much affect how and what type of foods fuels one’s body best and help shed weight. Case in point, an ectomorph can eat just about anything without gaining a kilo, while an endomorph is carb-sensitive. Regrettably, unlike other body types, the latter also finds it difficult to make up for poor dietary habits with exercise. She needs to get her diet right to lose weight, feel energetic, and for good health.
Why do endomorphs have to watch their calories
A study by the American Medical Association indicates that compared to other body types, one of the reasons an endomorph struggles with her weight more is because she is very sensitive to even the slightest over-consumption of food. Translated, it means that those extra calories are more likely to be stored as fat compared to an ectomorph, ensuing in a greater tendency for fat storage. The macronutrient ratio (the ratio of protein, carbohydrate and fat) is elemental in losing weight and getting fit.
What is the best diet for an endomorph?
Endomorphs work best on a Paleo-like diet; an average macronutrient ratio that works for endomorphs is to include 40 percent carbs, 35 percent protein, and 30 percent fat in their diet. Cut out all unhealthy sources of carbs, such as sugars, white pasta, and white rice. Instead, choose leafy greens, over potatoes and corn. Also, include high-fibre whole grains such as brown and wild rice; prefer lean protein like fish, chicken, and tofu and favor healthy monounsaturated fats such as olive oil and walnuts.
Pros of an Endomorph Diet
• Moderate carbs with higher protein help prevent the muscle loss that occurs when lowering calories to lose weight.
• Provides enough carbohydrates to fuel metabolic needs, while keeping blood sugar controlled and minimizing risk of diabetes.
• Help make a lifestyle choice as it isn’t restrictive, doesn’t exclude entire food groups and is easy to commit to…
Cons of an Endomorph Diet
• Cannot eat everything; have to watch their calorie intake.
• Tough to lose weight.
• Exercising is hard work because energy levels are naturally low.