“Good skin relies on an adequate supply of essential nutrients,” certified nutritionist and dietician Nicolette Pace told Huffington Post. “Some studies indicate that it is indeed possible to delay aging and get an improvement in skin condition by improving your diet.”
1. Green Tea – high in antioxidants that can prevent or delay cell damage
2. Oats – Add oats to your diet as they are low on the glycemic index
3. Nuts – Essential fatty acids in nuts make them good for your skin
4. Grapes – skin of grapes contain the polyphenol resveratrol which fights skin inflammation
5. Oranges – excellent sources of vitamin C, which helps make collagen. Collagen is what helps keep skin smooth and supple.1
6. Tomatoes – high in Vitamin C and lycopene which protects skin from sun damage
7. Green and yellow vegetables – loaded with antioxidants which fight off oxidative stress
8. Avocados – provide a lot of monounsaturated fat that keeps the skin from getting dehydrated. It has glutathione as well which works against acne and wrinkles.
9. Lean Beef – provides high-quality protein which contains amino acids which work to keep skin firm & elastic
10. Salmon – essential fatty acids are good for your skin. Salmon delivers a lot of omega-3 fatty acids.
11. Kefir & Yogurt -probiotics reduce inflammation and oxidative stress
EmpowHER – Women’s Health Online