Aging is an inevitable part of life that leaves undesirable effects on the body, inside and out. Weaker muscles, thinning hair, fine lines, and wrinkles are but a few signs that give away a person’s age. Wrinkles and other signs of aging can be managed with the use of natural products and certain changes in everyday life. These are safe, don’t cost much, and give health benefits that are good for the entire body:
1. Alpha hydroxy acids – These are a group of acids found in different kinds of fruits and plants. Their effects on the skin are derived through both consumption and topical application
2. Oils – extracted from different natural sources deliver a wide range of health benefits when applied to the skin, and their efficacy is doubled when used in conjunction with other oils. Natural Oils that work wonders against signs of aging are: Argan Oil, Avocado Oil, Camelina Oil, Cranberry Seed Oil, Coconut Oil, Geranium Oil, Olive Oil, Red Raspberry Seed oil & Sweet Almond Oil
3. Honey Masks – regarded as one of the oldest skin treatments as the sweet yellow liquid, along with some skincare methods, honey masks have been around since the ancient times.
4. Seaweed – hydrates the skin, reduces cellulite count and inflammation, and rejuvenates with its iodine content
5. Bone Broth – collagen and glycine are some of its age-defying contents
6. Lifestyle Changes
Despite the basic truth of the cardinal rule of nutrition—you are what you eat—some caveats have been discovered in recent years. For instance, it’s not just what we eat, but it’s when we eat, what we drink, and what other habits we’re engaging in on a daily basis. And a new study in the journal Molecular Psychiatry finds that our stress levels may actually undermine our healthy food choices.
Why stressors would affect how our bodies respond to food is an interesting question. One possibility is that the boost in inflammation that comes from stress might act to counteract the effect of healthier oils since it essentially mimics the physiological effects of unhealthy fats. (Unhealthy foods, like certain fats, processed food, and excess sugar seem to raise inflammation in the body.) The study also found that women who were stressed and ate the unhealthier meal didn’t have any further increase in the inflammatory markers, which the authors suggest that this may be due to some sort of ceiling effect for these markers. But that doesn’t mean we can eat whatever we want when we’re stressed. It seems to mean, on the contrary, that we should take our stress levels seriously, and do what we know helps us de-stress since both chronic stress and bad food choices seem to accrue over time.
In a world that is increasingly moving faster and faster, stress and anxiety are unfortunately a daily struggle for many people. We’re all familiar with the idea of ‘comfort food’ but the truth is that refined, sugary and fatty foods may actually make you feel worse when you are already feeling low. Instead, try munching on some of these foods that have been proven to calm anxiety.
1. Blueberries – rich source of antioxidants and Vitamin C that reduces the stress hormone cortisol
2. Spinach – high in magnesium, which helps you to feel calmer
3. Turkey – contains tryptophan, an amino acid that prompts your brain to release serotonin – a chemical that makes you feel good, has a calming affect and even gets you ready to sleep.
4. Probiotics – Recent studies have shown that there is a strong link between probiotics and the decrease of social anxiety. Foods such as pickles and sauerkraut are a great way to reduce anxiety.
5. Beef – Foods that are rich in zinc have proven abilities to lower anxiety e.g. Beef, cashews, liver and egg yolks
Scientists have discovered that a daily espresso, teamed with a healthy diet rich in fruit and vegetables, has a protective effect on the eyes.
They found that coffee consumption can help ward off age-related macular degeneration (AMD), the most common cause of blindness in the elderly.
New research has found, for the first time, that those who enjoyed a “Mediterranean” diet rich in fruit and fish, teamed with a strong coffee, were less likely to suffer eye problems.
Researchers studied a Portuguese population to see whether sticking to the diet affected people’s risk of AMD.
Their findings revealed a significant reduction in risk in those who ate a Mediterranean diet, particularly among those who consumed more fruit and caffeine. The researchers opted to look at caffeine because it is a powerful antioxidant also known to be protective against other conditions, such as Alzheimer’s disease.
Express News UK
While spices can help add that final flavor accent to your favorite dish, they can also aid in overall health, recovery, and even weight loss. What we don’t think of is the fact that spices have loads of antioxidants and should be incorporated into your daily diet for various and very powerful health benefits. Let’s round up the Top 5:
– has one of the highest levels of antioxidants of any spice. Because it stabilizes blood sugar levels, it’s very effective for those with type 1 and type 2 diabetes
– This sweet spice helps with toxins in the body, specifically eliminating the toxins while at the same time improving digestion, curing dental diseases and helps kill of colon cancer cells. It can also kill the bacteria that causes ulcers.
– the sulfur compounds provide antimicrobial and antioxidant power which when crushed, releases allicin which helps fight strokes and heart attacks.
– with numerous healing properties, it’s no wonder that it’s on top as the most frequently mentioned medicinal herbs as anti-inflammatory, gastrointestinal treatment (colitis, Crohn’s disease, bloating, diarrhea as well as controlling cholesterol and blood fat levels after a meal.
– know to reduce pain, inflammation and relieve digestive issues. Numerous studies also show that ginger improves attention span and memory in middle-aged women
Wheatgrass boasts some impressive nutritional stats. One ounce of wheatgrass contains:
8 grams of dietary fiber
240% of the RDA of vitamin A
93% of the RDA of vitamin C
356% of the RDA of iron
12% of the RDA of calcium
8 grams of protein
Unlike any other health food, here are 34 reasons
1. Treat Skin Diseases
2. Lose Weight
3. Reduce Food Cravings
4. Detox Your Cells
5. Improve Immunity
6. Stimulate Circulation
7. Improve Digestion
8. Treat Arthritis
9. Reduce Fatigue
10. Get Rid of Body Odor
11. Treat Skin Wounds
12. Prevent Tooth Decay
13. Cleanse the Liver
14. Treat Sunburn
15. Stabilize Lipid Levels
16. Clear Sinus Congestion
17. Get Rid of Acne
18. Prevent Cancer
19. Fight the Common Cold
20. Treat a Hangover
21. Improve the Mood
23. Fight Depression
24. Improve the Appearance of Nails
25. Combat Bowel Inflammation
26. Ease Menstrual Pains
27. Neutralize Infections
28. Slow Aging
29. Fight Radiation
30. Stabilize Blood Sugar Levels
31. Feed Your Brain
32. Get Rid of Dandruff
33. Increase Fertility
34. Develop a More Discernible Palate
In berry form, black currant has been used for a range of conditions from Alzheimer’s disease and upper respiratory tract infections to muscle fatigue and peripheral arterial disease (PAD). The dried leaf of black currants, when taken orally, also addresses several medical problems, including arthritis, gout, rheumatism, diarrhea, colic, hepatitis, liver ailments, convulsions, and inflammatory disorders of the mouth and throat.
Additionally, black currant dried leaf can relieve coughs, colds and whooping cough; purify urine and promote larger output; and treat bladder stones. The leaf makes a good cleansing tea as well. For insect bites or minor wounds, black currant leaf applied topically can soothe the skin, according to the Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database.
Significant research backs up these claims. Scientific study has shown that black currants and black currant seed oil possess a plethora of health benefits. A 2013 study found black currant seed oil was well tolerated and effective in reducing atopic dermatitis in newborns. At the other end of the age spectrum, a different study demonstrated that supplementation with black currant seed oil enhanced the immune system of healthy elderly individuals – A Nutrition Powerhouse indeed!
Chiropractic Economics Magazine