Cleansing diet and detoxifying foods help in flushing all the toxins out from your body. The natural cleansing methods of fasting once a week and including detoxifying fruits and vegetables in your diet can give you a clearer skin and a better immune system. Here are some foods that detoxify the body and also help in restoring the body’s healthy vigor.
1. Avocados – The fruits are loaded with heart-healthy mono-unsaturated fatty acids and fiber and are highly rated for their detoxifying qualities.
2. Beetroots – According to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, they reduce the oxidation of bad cholesterol, protect the artery walls and guard against heart disease and stroke.
3. Broccoli – This works with the enzymes in your liver and eases up the work of toxin removal from the body.
4. Cabbage – Incorporate in your diet through cabbage soup or by including it in your vegetable curry and witness its detoxifying wonders.
5. Asparagus – Along with the detoxification benefits, it reduces the free radicals in your body and keeps your heart healthy.
6. Garlic – stimulates the liver to produce detoxification enzymes that help in flushing out the toxic residues from the digestive system