While spices can help add that final flavor accent to your favorite dish, they can also aid in overall health, recovery, and even weight loss. What we don’t think of is the fact that spices have loads of antioxidants and should be incorporated into your daily diet for various and very powerful health benefits. Let’s round up the Top 5:
– has one of the highest levels of antioxidants of any spice. Because it stabilizes blood sugar levels, it’s very effective for those with type 1 and type 2 diabetes
– This sweet spice helps with toxins in the body, specifically eliminating the toxins while at the same time improving digestion, curing dental diseases and helps kill of colon cancer cells. It can also kill the bacteria that causes ulcers.
– the sulfur compounds provide antimicrobial and antioxidant power which when crushed, releases allicin which helps fight strokes and heart attacks.
– with numerous healing properties, it’s no wonder that it’s on top as the most frequently mentioned medicinal herbs as anti-inflammatory, gastrointestinal treatment (colitis, Crohn’s disease, bloating, diarrhea as well as controlling cholesterol and blood fat levels after a meal.
– know to reduce pain, inflammation and relieve digestive issues. Numerous studies also show that ginger improves attention span and memory in middle-aged women